Listen. Read. Explore. ADA Live!
- FREE (no registration is required)
- LISTEN: Audio: SoundCloud ADA Live! Episode 113
- READ: Captions by Interactive Transcript for ADA Live! Episode 113
and Transcript for ADA Live! Episode 113 [PDF file]
- EXPLORE: Resources for ADA Live! Episode 113
- ALL links: ADA Live! Episode 113: Stories of Parenting with a Disability
In This Episode:
In the United States, nearly 10% of children live with a parent with a disability. The American social reformer and clergyman Henry Ward Beecher once said, “We never know the love of a parent till we become parents ourselves.”
Join us for an engaging conversation on parenting with a disability and a new book on the topic, “A Celebration of Family: Stories of Parents with Disabilities,” with our four guests:
- Dave Matheis, Kentucky Coalition for the Rights of Parents with Disabilities
- Jason Jones, Disability Specialist, Human Development Institute, University of Kentucky
- Kimberly Tissot, President and Chief Executive Officer, ABLE-South Carolina
- Kara Ayers, PhD. Associate Professor, Associate Director, University of Cincinnati Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (UCCEDD), Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Division of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics.
About ADA Live!
The ADA Live! podcast and resources focus on the rights and responsibilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). A new episode airs for 30-45 minutes on the first Wednesday of each month. ADA Live! is produced by the Southeast ADA Center, one of ten regional ADA Centers in the ADA National Network.
No registration is required. You can submit your questions to ADA Live!, explore resources and the ADA Live! schedule plus connect to archived episodes on adalive.org or download podcasts from soundcloud.com/adalive
CHECK OUT MORE: Podcast Series
- Let’s Get to Work: Reimagining Disability-Inclusive Employment Policy
Host: The Burton Blatt Institute at Syracuse University, in collaboration with leading economic and social policy researchers at Rutgers and Harvard Universities.
- Disability Rights Today,
Host: Burton Blatt Institute at Syracuse University.
The ADA Live! and Disability Rights Today podcasts are a cross-collaboration with the NIDILRR-funded Southeast ADA Center (#90DPAD0005-01-00), the Burton Blatt Institute (BBI) of Syracuse University, and the NIDILRR grant-funded Rehabilitation Research and Training Center (RRTC) – Disability Inclusive Employment Practices (#90RTEM0006-01-00).