Webinar: Understanding Transportation Barriers for Diverse Individuals with Disabilities and Older Adults
In 2020, The National Aging and Disability Transportation Center (NADTC) embarked on an initiative to shine a light on transportation challenges of diverse populations. The NADTC conducted a national survey in February 2021, focusing on the transportation needs and preferences of people with disabilities, older adults and caregivers of different races, ethnicities, and cultures. Transportation equity is especially relevant now as the pandemic has underscored transportation gaps among diverse populations and increased isolation resulting from self-quarantine.
This presentation will discuss results from the survey to inform participants about transportation barriers, modes, and potential solutions that respond to current and future mobility needs of diverse populations of older adults and people with disabilities.
- There is no charge to access this session.
- Certificates of participation are available for a fee.
- Real-time captions will be available for this session.
- This session will be recorded for later viewing.
- Melissa Gray, Assistant Director of Transportation Programs for USAging and the Senior Program Manager of the National Aging and Disability Transportation Center (NADTC)
- Carrie Diamond, Assistant Director of Transportation & Mobility for Easterseals, Inc. and the National Aging & Disability Transportation Center, a Federal Transit Administration-funded technical assistance center.