Spotlight on ODEP: What Can the Office of Disability Employment Policy Do for You?
October 19, 2022
2:00 pm to 3:00 pm, Eastern time
For help, contact: Mid-Atlantic ADA Center at 301-217-0124 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Register for webinar: https://conta.cc/3EQXGGF
Inclusion doesn’t happen by chance. Employers need to be deliberate and intentional about their disability initiatives. There is no better time to explore tools and resources for developing and sustaining an intentional disability-inclusive workplace culture than during National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM).
The reasons for embracing workplace disability inclusion go beyond being the “right thing to do.” These include increasing productivity, innovating workplace products and processes, finding the right talent to fill job openings and meeting your Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Accessibility (DEIA) goals. The research is clear – all workplaces benefit from a diverse and inclusive workforce that promotes a strong sense of belonging.
Participants will hear of the many tools and resources provided by the Office of Disability Employment Policy’s (ODEP) employer-focused technical assistance centers.
- Describe ODEP’s vision, mission and disability-inclusive workplace priorities
- Define deliberate and intentional disability inclusion
- Learn how expanding diversity, equity, inclusion efforts to include disability and accessibility contributes to the workplace
- Identify ODEP’s resources for maximizing the potential of employees with disabilities
- Identify ODEP’s resources for recognizing and celebrating NDEAM