Ready and ABLE to Work and Save: Panel Discussion
Thursday, October 27, 2022
2:00 -3:00 pm, Eastern time
Host: ABLE National Resource Center
Register for Event: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_3EwD6gS6RoewDZUI13MyWw
Captioning will be provided for this presentation. For any additional accommodation requests please contact Cheyenne Rivers at email@example.com
In this panel discussion – in honor of October’s National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM) – you will hear from Emily, Simon, Taylor and Eric, who are all ABLE account owners in different professions at various stages in their work lives. What they have in common is they are all using their ABLE account to advance in their careers and plan for retirement.
Our panelists will share their employment journeys and the specific ways they use their ABLE accounts to achieve success. You will take away an increased understanding of the advantages an ABLE account can offer to those who are working age and ABLE-eligible.
This panel discussion will cover:
- Examples of ABLE accounts supporting working age people with disabilities;
- ABLE strategies to support employment, career advancement and retirement planning;
- The New ABLE Decision Guide “Ready and ABLE to Save and Work”
Brian Ingram, ABLE NRC Disability and Employment Expert will facilitate the panel.
Panelists include ABLE Account Owners and ABLE NRC Ambassadors:
- Emily Munson, Esq. Policy Director for Indiana Disability Rights
- Simon Cantos, Mechanical Engineer for Carrier Air Conditioning Company
- Taylor Carty, Research Assistant for Syracuse University
- Eric Cardenas, Lecturer II at University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
An ABLE account is a powerful tool that can make it possible for eligible, working people with disabilities to save, invest, and improve their lives.