FCC Disability Advisory Committee Meeting
Tuesday, January 30, 2024
9:00 am to 12:00 pm, Eastern time
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Disability Advisory Committee (DAC) is scheduled to meet on Tuesday, January 30, 2024, from 9:00 AM until approximately 12:00 PM Eastern Time. The DAC meeting will be held in the Commission Meeting Room at FCC Headquarters, located at 45 L Street, NE, Washington, DC 20554, and livestreamed on the FCC website.
At this meeting, DAC members are expected to:
- Discuss a working group report and recommendation on the transmittal of audio description files to Internet Protocol programming.
- Receive updates on two working group reports and recommendations on best practices for:
- Quality Telecommunications Relay Services for individuals with multiple disabilities.
- The use of artificial intelligence to caption live video programming.
- Discuss any other topics relevant to the DAC’s work.
The meeting agenda will be available on the meeting webpage.
The DAC meeting is open to the public. The FCC will accommodate as many attendees as possible; however, admittance will be limited to available seating. During the meeting, members of the public may submit questions and comments to the DAC by emailing email@example.com.
Open captioning and ASL interpreting will be provided for this event. Other reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities are available upon request. Requesters of such accommodations may contact the Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 418-0530. Such requests should include a detailed description of the accommodation needed and how the requester can be contacted. Last-minute requests will be accepted but may not be possible to accommodate.