Fair Housing Accessibility First Webinar: Requirement 6: Reinforced Walls for Grab Bars
Fair Housing Accessibility First Webinar
March 14, 2023
10 AM to 11:30 AM or [repeat webinar] 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM (Eastern time)
This Fair Housing Accessibility First event will focus on providing training for learners on Requirement 6: reinforced walls for grab bars. The presentation will be 1.5 hours with the training, question and answer session, and quiz. Each attendee who attends more than 45 minutes will receive a certificate of attendance and/or certificate for passing the quiz.
This curriculum provides an in-depth overview of the technical specifications for reinforced walls for grab bars under the accessibility requirements of the Fair Housing Act. Participants will become familiar with the design specifications.
What is Covered?
- Dimensional specifications and clearances required by Fair Housing Act Requirement 6 for reinforced walls for grab bars
- Reinforcing for grab bars at toilets
- Reinforcing for grab bars at conventional and non-conventional bathtubs
- Reinforcing for grab bars and seats at showers
- Recommended Reinforcing Methods
Who Should Attend?
- Architects and Designers
- Developers and Builders
- Disability and Housing Advocates and
- Individuals interested in Fair Housing Accessibility
How Will You Benefit?
- Enhance your understanding of the technical requirements for reinforcements for grab bars under the Fair Housing Act
- Gain practical knowledge to apply when designing bathrooms
- Learn strategies and tips for creating compliant bathrooms
- Obtain resources to aid you in compliance.
Please register for your preferred time slot—either 10 AM to 11:30 AM or 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM (Eastern time) on March 14, 2023.