Dementia Equity Programs in the Hispanic and LGBTQI+ Communities
Tuesday, December 13, 2022
2:00-3:00 pm, Eastern Time
On December 13, 2022, the National Alzheimer’s and Dementia Resource Center (NADRC) will host a webinar on dementia programs that focus on the needs of members of Hispanic and LGBTQI+ communities. These populations historically have not received equitable support when it comes to dementia care.
During the webinar, presenters will discuss:
- Challenges to implementing new dementia initiatives in the Hispanic community
- How collaboration is an essential and powerful tool for promotion and sustainability of dementia initiatives
- Challenges experienced by LGBTQI+ people living with dementia
- Ways to improve dementia services for the LGBTQI+ community
- Key features of the Visibility Matters program
- Saul Juarez Aguilar, Care Management Manager, ProHealth Waukesha Memorial Hospital
- Sarah Bahnson, LGBTQI+ Community Liaison, Pima Council on Aging
NADRC webinars are free of charge and open to the public, although pre-registration is required. The webinars are recorded and will be available for future viewing on the NADRC website. Closed captioning is available during the webinar and will be included in the recording.
Contact NADRC-Webinars@rti.org with any questions.
Funded by Administration for Community Living (ACL), NADRC provides support to ACL and its grantees to implement evidence-based interventions and innovative practices that empower and assist caregivers of people with Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders.