Choosing the Medicare Option That’s Right for You When You Are Living with Paralysis
Date: Wednesday, June 1
Time: 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm, Eastern time
Register for the webinar
The Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation’s National Paralysis Resource Center is hosting a webinar with the Center for Medicare Advocacy.
The program will explore the pros and cons of getting Medicare through the traditional public program or a private managed-care Medicare Advantage program, whether you’re:
- New to Medicare,
- Seeking to change your Medicare option during the annual election period, or
- Wondering if your changing life circumstances might present other opportunities for choosing how you get Medicare.
The presentation will also examine:
- Resources to optimize the decision on how you get Medicare,
- Strategies to avoid late enrollment penalties,
- Coordinating insurance when you have other types of health coverage, in addition to Medicare, and
- Programs that may assist in paying for the costs of Medicare.
This event is FREE for everyone to attend. Live captioning will be available.
If you can’t watch the webinar live, it will be recorded and shared via email to all registrants and available on the Reeve Foundation’s YouTube channel.
Please contact Patricia Correa with questions about the webinar.
Administration for Community Living (ACL) funds the Paralysis Resource Center to provide comprehensive information for people living with spinal cord injury, paralysis, and mobility-related disabilities and their support networks. Resources include information and referral by phone and email in multiple languages, including Spanish; a peer and family support mentoring program; a military and veterans’ program; multicultural outreach services; quality of life grants; and a national website.