ADA Title I. Employment Protections
Tuesday, February 15 from 1:00-2:00pm, Eastern time
12 Central, 11 Mountain, 10 Pacific
Source: Association of People Supporting Employment First (APSE)
Presenters: Pam Williamson and Barry Whaley with the Southeast ADA Center
Cost: $10 APSE Members | $20 Non-Members
Join Pam Williamson and Barry Whaley from the Southeast ADA Center. This presentation will discuss disability disclosure and reasonable accommodation. We will address some of these questions.
- What is disclosure?
- Are people obligated to disclose a disability?
- When is the “right time” to disclose a need for accommodation to an employer?
- What are the concerns people have when they disclose a disability?
- What is a reasonable accommodation?
- When is an accommodation unreasonable?”
- How does an employee request accommodation?
- What is the role of the employment specialist in disclosure and reasonable accommodation?
- What can be done to ensure that the process is respectful of the employee with a disability?
- What are the responsibilities of the employer?
There is live captioning available during all live webinars. ASL is available if requested during registration. You’ll receive confirmation emails of attendance after live events and recordings. This session is pre-approved for 1 CESP CE Credits.
Details on APSE website Events page: