August 10, 2022
Source: Administration for Community Living (ACL)
The National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research (NIDILRR), [a project of the Administration for Community Living (ACL),] is developing its 2024 – 2029 Long-Range Plan and wants your feedback.
Mandated by Congress to develop a Long-Range Plan every five years, NIDILRR aims to continue to be responsive to the needs of key stakeholders—especially people living with disabilities. Your input will help inform NIDILRR’s future funding priorities and strategic direction.
Stakeholders can provide input for the upcoming Long-Range Plan in the following two ways:
Participate in NIDILRR’s Virtual Stakeholder Listening Sessions.
NIDILRR is hosting a series of virtual stakeholder listening sessions that will provide more details on NIDILRR’s Long-Range Plan framework and allow stakeholders with an interest in the work of NIDILRR to provide input and ask questions. Participants will be given approximately three minutes each to share their input. Listening sessions will be held by stakeholder group.
NIDILRR invites participation in one of the sessions below via Zoom. Learn more and register for a session.
- NIDILRR Grantees: Thursday, August 18 at 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm [Eastern Time]
- Disability Groups and Advocacy Organizations: Tuesday, September 13 at 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm [Eastern Time]
- Individuals with Disabilities and Those Supporting Them (e.g. Family Members): Wednesday, September 28 at 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm [Eastern Time]
- Direct Service Providers and Non-NIDIRLRR Grantee Researchers: Wednesday, October 12 at 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm [Eastern Time]
- General: Thursday, October 20 at 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm [Eastern Time]
- General: Thursday, October 27 at 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm [Eastern Time]
All the listening sessions have live captioning and American Sign Language interpretation. An opportunity to request disability-related accommodations will be provided on the registration form. If you have difficulties registering, please email email@example.com.
Registration is required to attend the sessions. Space is limited. Please only register for only one session if you plan to attend. After you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email with the Zoom details.
Submit Feedback to NIDILRR’s Long-Range Plan Email Inbox
Stakeholders can provide written feedback for NIDILRR’s consideration via email. Please submit all feedback to NIDILRRfuture@neweditions.net. Please submit your comments by 11:59 pm [Eastern Time] on November 21.
NIDILRR, part of ACL, generates new knowledge and promotes its effective use so that people with disabilities can perform activities of their choice in the community. NIDILRR also works to expand society’s capacity to provide full opportunities and accommodations for people with disabilities.