Webinar Set-up and Materials
What is Blackboard Collaborate?
We understand that the success of webinars depends on the usability (ease-of -use) and usefulness (functionality and productivity) of the technology. In an effort to ensure an accessible and positive online experience to everyone, we began using a new system in July 2010 — Blackboard Collaborate, (formerly known as Elluminate), which features:
- Cross platform. Get same user experience whether using a Windows, Mac, etc.
- Optimized for low bandwidth. Interact with no lag time or garbled communication, regardless of Internet connection speed.
- Designed to enable all users to fully participate. Various features and functionality promote accessibility i.e., keyboard access to menus and dialogs, closed captioning, enlarged video, user-defined color, screenreader compatibility, and more.
Connecting to the Webinar
What You Need:
- Computer or web-enabled device with an Internet connection
IMPORTANT – Before the Webinar:
- To ensure successful webinar participation, especially if this is your first time using Blackboard Collaborate:
Note: Contact your Network Administrator if you have problems with installing an option to connect to the webinar. Again, it is imperative that you complete this step before the webinar.
Login to Webinar through Blackboard Collaborate
When you register for an event, a confirmation email with instructions and **SESSION LOGIN for Blackboard Collaborate will be sent to the email address on file for your Account Login . A reminder email will also be sent a couple days before the webinar.
Day of Webinar:
- Go to the **SESSION LOGIN link up to 60 minutes before the scheduled webinar time.
- In the Blackboard Collaborate Session Log In box, enter your name.
Help/Questions? If you have any difficulty logging into Blackboard Collaborate,
contact Southeast ADA Center — Phone: (404) 541-9001 [voice/tty] • Email email@example.com
Set-up of Webinar System & Multiple Participants
When you set-up the webinar system, especially if a location ("site") has multiple participants, show the webinar using one computer and an LCD projector, and also designate one individual to enter any comments and questions in the text chat area of the webinar system.
Captioning (Real Time) for Webinar
On the day of the webinar, a captioner transcribes the webinar information as it occurs (real time). No special equipment or software is needed; within Blackboard Collaborate, the captioning window will display and can be "turned on" (or "off").
Education Credit (CEU & CRCC)
Many of our webinars offer the opportunity for education credit — review the requirements for continuing educations units (CEU credit) and clock hours for Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC credit).
Materials for Webinar
Materials (i.e. PowerPoint) and Other Documents
Before the webinar, materials will be available for download from the Webinar Series website in various accessible and alternate formats, such as: Webpage(s), PowerPoint, Large-Print, Microsoft Word, Text, and PDF.
Each participant is requested to gauge their satisfaction by providing invaluable feedback on the webinar to the presenter(s) and the Southeast ADA Center. After the webinar, complete the online evaluation form for webinar.
Transcript and Recording
The transcript and recording will be available 2-4 weeks after the webinar for download from the Webinar Series website in various alternate and accessible formats.