Flexible Workplaces Benefit Everyone, Especially Persons with Disabilities
Thursday - February 17, 2011
- Robin L. Shaffert
Senior Director, Corporate Social Responsibility, American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD)
- Jill Houghton
Deputy Director, TACE Southeast - Burton Blatt Institute (BBI) at Syracuse University
and USBLN Acting Executive Director
Workplace flexibility enables workers to meet the often-competing demands of work and personal life and serves as a strategic management tool for employers. This session will explore ways of using flexibility to enhance the workplace for all employees, including persons with disabilities.
- Appreciate the benefits workplace flexibility provides to employers and employees (esp. members of the disability community).
- Be aware of the wide variety of types of flexible work arrangements.
- Learn about recent developments to expand access to flexible work arrangements.
Materials & Resources
Recording of Webinar
**NOTE: If this is your first time using Elluminate, review: How to View the Webinar Recording.
- Recording in Elluminate – Webinar: Flexible Workplaces Benefit Everyone, Especially Persons with Disabilities
- PowerPoint Presentation - PPT
- PowerPoint Presentation - PDF
- PowerPoint Presentation - Handout
- PowerPoint Presentation - Web
- PowerPoint Presentation - Text Only
- U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) hosts National Dialogue on Workplace Flexibility conference, focused on hourly-wage employees
Source: News release from U.S. DOL - http://www.dol.gov/opa/media/press/wb/wb20110223.htm