Find your ADA Center
ADA & Veterans
Explore information and resources for Veterans to learn about the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and disability-related topics.
- Region office - Atlanta:
404-541-9001 (voice & Spanish)
News for You
- Employers: Apply for the HIRE Vets Medallion Program Demonstration
- Take the National Survey on Health Reform & Disability
- Take the Commercial Flight Experiences Survey for Wheelchair Users and Caregivers
- Join an Online Dialogue: Educating Disabled Veterans and Employers about Workplace Rights and Responsibilities
Training Tools & Resources
- Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities
- Veterans History Project
- Take a Veteran to School
- Thank a Veteran at Work
- Veterans Day – Events Calendar and Ceremonies
- Veterans and Their Return to Work [mp3, 30 min.]
Source: ADA Live! Radio Show produced by the Southeast ADA Center
- #HONORINGVETS – Show your Support on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr
- Guide for Veterans: Know Your Employment Rights Under the ADA [PDF]
Source: Southeast ADA Center
- Veterans Employment Toolkit
Source: Department of Veterans Affairs
- Guide to Employment and Education for Veterans with Disabilities
Fact Sheets from ADA National Network
- New Rules: Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act [Fact Sheet]
- You Have a Lot to Offer: Ten Points for Veterans When Returning to Work with a Disability [Fact Sheet]
- Ten Tips for Families: Supporting a Veteran with a Disability Returning to Work [Fact Sheet]
- Ten Tips for Employers: Tapping into the Talents of Veterans with Disabilities [Fact Sheet]
Learn More about Veterans Day
- Veterans Day Frequently Asked Questions
- Teachers Guide for Veterans Day 2013 [PowerPoint]
- Veterans Day History
- Poster Gallery for Veterans Day
- Veterans Day Speeches (1954-present)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Southeast ADA Center
- What is the Southeast ADA Center?
- What services does the Southeast ADA Center provide?
- Where is the Southeast ADA Center located and what states do you serve?
- Do ADA Centers monitor or enforce the ADA?
- Can you help me get a job?
- Can you certify my disability?
- What is the best way to contact the Southeast ADA?