ADA Information for:
to receive training updates and news on disability.
Find your ADA Center
Results of Web Links Search
— General (49 links)
- Access for All -Cornell University resource on how to make workplaces acessible to everyone, including individuals with hearing and vision - related disabilities.
- Access Guide Home - Access for All -This particular site offers detailed information and hands-on examples of how to make workplaces accessible to everyone, including individuals with hearing- and vision- related disabilities.
- Applicant Resource Center -Helps out with job hunting in Georgia.
- Association for Persons in Supported Employment -Organization to improve and expand integrated employment opportunities, services, and outcomes for persons with disabilities.
- Blue Valley Industries -Mission is to provide employment, training and access to support survices for adults with disabilities.
- Business Leadership Network (USBLN) -The BLN raises employer awareness by leveraging employer experience to increase career opportunities for people with disabilities and access to the disability community market.
- California Alliance of Rehabilitation Industries (CARI) -CARI is a non-profit organization dedicated to improve the lives and employment conditions of persons with disabilities.
- Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations -Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations Employment and Disability Institute
- Disability Employment 101: Learn to Tap Your 'HIRE' Potential -Guide to acquaint business leaders with programs and resources available to assist them in hiring people with disabilities.
- Disability Hiring Guide (PDF file) -Free resource guide for recruiting, hiring, and employing people with disabilities
- Disability Online -This Employment & Training Administration (U.S. Department of Labor) site offers tips on jobs, training and resumes, as well as workplace accommodation resources and employment initiatives nationwide for people with disabilities.
- Disabled Businesspersons Association -DBA assists enterprising individuals with disabilities maximize their potential in the business world, and work with voc. rehab., government and business to encourage the participation and enhance the performance of the disabled in the workforce.
- DoD Honors 18 Employees With Disabilities for Outstanding Work -Article describes 18 people with disabilities who received secretary of defense certificates for outstanding accomplishments.
- EEOC Enforcement Guidance regarding Unlawful Harassment -Guide for employers regarding their responsibilities to protect their employees from harassment.
- Emerging Workforce of Entrepreneurs with Disabilities: Preliminary Study of Entrepreneurship in Iowa -This article is the first in a series exploring one point in the continuum of employment activities of persons with disabilities-self-employment and entrepreneurial activity.
- Employment and Disability Guide -Links to employment related resources in a variety of categories.
- eSight Careers Network -Connects people who are visually impaired to quality career management resources, information on assistive technology, accessible web sites, and each other.
- Filing an ADA Employment Discrimination Charge, Making it Work For You -Guidebook on filing descrimination charges by a person with a psychiatric disability.
- GLADNET Association (Global Applied Disability Research and Information Network) -GLADNET brings together research centers, universities, enterprises, government departments, trade unions, & disability-related organizations with a common goal towards competitive employment and training opportunities for persons with disabilities.
- Handling your Psychiatric Disability in Work & School -Website enables consumers to share experiences, wisdom, and concerns in handling a psychiatric disability at work & school with others via email.
- IBM Human Ability & Accessibility Center -News, resources, guidelines, and solutions on technology and web accessibility
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN) -A service of the Presidentís Committee on Employment of People with Disabilities that provides information about job accommodations, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and the employability of people with disabilities.
- National Business & Disability Council -Resource for employers seeking to integrate people with disabilities into the workplace and companies seeking to reach them in the consumer marketplace.
- National Center on Workforce and Disability/Adult -NCWD provides technical assistance and training to state and local Workforce Investment Boards, One-Stop Career Centers, and other workforce development professionals.
- National Collaborative on Workforce and Disability/Youth -A source for information about employment and youth with disabilities, with links to news, publications, grant opportunities, legislation and more.
- New Horizons Un-Limited, Inc. -Non-profit organizations set of links to employment information for people with disabilities.
- No More Job Interviews! Self Employment Strategies for People with Disabilities (Book) -Ordering information on a book about self employment strategies for persons with disabilities. Targeted to people who want to start their own business and the employment specialists who support them.
- Office of Disability Employment Policy -The President's Committee on Employment of People with Disabilities provides information to assist businesses in implementing the employment provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- One Stop Career Centers -Employers and jobseekers can find the services they need at a convenient Career One-Stop Center. Just enter your zip code and select the desired service(s). Or just pick up the phone and dial 1-877-US-2JOBS for direct assistance.
- Online Discussion group on issues of self-employment for people with disabilities -Established by Diversity World to promote the development of more self-employment opportunities for people with disabilities and as a networking forum for entrepreneurs with disabilities and individuals or organizations.
- People With Disabilities Foundation -The mission of the People With Disabilities Foundation (PWDF) is to provide education and advocacy for persons with psychiatric and/or psychiatric and physical impairments so that they can achieve equal opportunities in all aspects of life.
- Proyecto Vision -Bilingual website for Latinos with disabilities connecting disabled Latinos with employment services and related resources, increase outreach to disabled Latinos; and help Latino organizations better serve disabled members.
- Questions & Answers for Small Employers on Employer Liability for Harassment by Supervisors -Answers for small employers for common questions regarding harassment.
- Resource Partnership -Private employer-managed membership organization committed to the successful employment of both individuals with disabilities and their employers.
- RRTC for Economic Research on Employment Policy for Persons with Disabilities -Research dealing with public policy relating to the employment of people with disabilities.
- Small Business and Self-Employment Service -Provides information, counseling, and referrals about self-employment and small business ownership opportunities for people with disabilities
- Starting Your Own Business -Site of the Small Business Administration for information about various topics pertinent to entreprenneurship, including loans and outreach initiatives for women and minority-owned businesses.
- Student Employment Network -An organization committed to helping current high school students and post-secondary graduates in their job search.
- The Career Search Launch Pad Speech-Friendly Version -Speech-friendly, high accessibility version of the Career Search Launch Pad - a central job search site that connects to keyword-searchable career databases on the Web.
- TransCen -School to work transition assistance for young people with disabilities.
- U.S. Department of Labor -The U.S. Department of Labor is charged with preparing the American workforce for new and better jobs, and ensuring the adequacy of America's workplaces.
- U. S. Department of Labor - Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Compliance Guide -Summarizes the FMLA provisions and regulations. This act allows employees to take reasonable unpaid leave for certain family and medical reasons.
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission -The EEOC enforces the principal federal statutes prohibiting employment discrimination.
- Workforce Excellence Network (WEN) -Initiative of the National Association of State Workforce Board Chairs and the National Association of Workforce Boards to build the capacity and enhance the performance of the nationís public workforce development system.
- Workplace RERC -The Workplace RERC identifies, designs, and develops devices and systems to help people with disabilities be more productive in the workplace. A primary focus of the Center is the use of universal design concepts -- the design of products and environments to be usable by all workers, to the greatest extent possible, without the need for adaptation or specialized design.
- Workplace Supports -Website of the Rehabilitation & Research Training Center (RRTC) at Virginia Commonwealth University.
- WorkSupport.com -Information, research and resources about work and disability issues.
- WorkWORLD -Website where individuals can download free decision support software for personal computers which helps people find employment based solutions to higher net income through best use of Federal and State work incentives and benefits.
- Yahoo! Listing of Employment information for the Disabled -Yahoo! Listing of employment information for people with disabilities.
Disclaimer: Accessibility cannot be guaranteed for external websites. The Southeast ADA Center provides these links as a courtesy and does not endorse, take responsibility for, or exercise control of the organization nor vouch for the accuracy of the contents of the destination link.