ADA Information for:
to receive training updates and news on disability.
Find your ADA Center
Results of Web Links Search
ADA Technical Assistance (18 links)
- 4 Paws for Ability Service Dogs -Enrich the lives of people with disabilities by the training and placement of service dogs to provide individuals with companionship and promote independent living
- Access Board -The U.S. Access Board, also known as the Architectural and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board was created in 1973, serves the nation as the only independent federal agency whose primary mission is accessibility for people with disabilities.
- Center for Implementing Technology in Education (CITEd) -Free innovative solutions, collaborative tools, evidence-based research, and interactive resources to better meet the assistive and educational technology needs of your K-12 students; browse by role: Teacher, Admin, Pro Development, Tech Coordinator.
- Center for Universal Design -The Center for Universal Design is a national research, information, and technical assistance center that evaluates, develops, and promotes accessible and universal design in buildings and related products.
- Commonly Asked Questions About Child Care Centers And The Americans With Disabilities Act -FAQ's about the application of the ADA to Child Care Centers.
- Department of Justice Section 508 -Information regarding the obligations of federal agencies to comply with Section 508 and conduct self-evaluations of their electronic and information technology.
- Disability and the Digital Divide: Comparing Surveys with Disability Data -Article and statistics on how surveys consistently report people with disabilities have half the rate of Internet access of people without a disability and continue to face a significant digital divide.
- DOJ's Core Letters -Link to DOJ's Core letters, TA letters and settlements under Resources.
- Full Listing of ADA Regulations and Technical Assistance Materials Available from DOJ -Full Listing of ADA Regulations and Technical Assistance Materials available from the Department of Justice (DOJ)
- National Association of ADA Coordinators (NAADAC) -Non-profit organization that educates entities regarding both the requirements and the opportunities of the ADA.
- National Center on Workforce & Disability -Website for the USDOL funded training & technical assistance center for One-Stops, Workforce Boards, and workforce development.
- National Collaborative on Workforce & Disability for Youth -Website for the USDOL funded consortium of organizations that offers comprehensive expertise in disability, education, employment and workforce devleopment issues.
- National Network of DBTAC: ADA Centers -The Disability and Business Technical Assistance Center (DBTAC) is a national network of 10 regional centers that provides timely resources, referrals, and training on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). National ADA Hotline: 800-949-4232 [v/tty].
- National Service Inclusion Project -Website for NSIP which provides training & technical assistance for the corporation for the National & Community Service.
- Taxicab Pocket Guide -Outlines taxi driver responsibilities for serving passengers with disabilities under the ADA. Covers disability etiquette, mobility aids, service animals and responsibilities of passengers with disabilities. Available in English, Farsi, and Spanish.
- The Psychiatric Service Dog Society (PSDS) -The Psychiatric Service Dog Society (PSDS) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to responsible Psychiatric Service Dog (PSD) education, advocacy, research and training facilitation.
- U.S. Department of Justice ADA Home Page -DOJ provides up-to-date ADA information and is in charge of ADA enforcement
- WebCT Accessibility Group -A National group looking to work together to give feedback to WebCT on improving accessibility of its product for people with disabilities
Disclaimer: Accessibility cannot be guaranteed for external websites. The Southeast ADA Center provides these links as a courtesy and does not endorse, take responsibility for, or exercise control of the organization nor vouch for the accuracy of the contents of the destination link.