ADA Information for:
Find your ADA Center
Events & Training Calendar
Disability and Aging: Medicare, Medicaid, and Benefits Enrollment Assistance
Wednesday, May 2, 2018
1:00 P.M. to 1:30 P.M. EST
ADA Live! (WADA) Show
from the Southeast ADA Center and the ADA National Network
Each day over 10,000 individuals become eligible for Medicare due to age or disability. Learning about what Medicare covers and navigating the Medicare enrollment process can be challenging. During this episode, we'll overview the parts of Medicare, when and how someone can enroll in Medicare, and discuss what services are and are not covered under Medicare. Then we'll delve a little deeper and look at ways to apply for assistance covering Medicare costs, and how Medicare coordinates with other coverage, like Medicaid. Finally, you'll learn where to go in your community to help with complex Medicare questions.
This episode is the second of a two-part conversation with the National Council on Aging (NCOA), and Leslie Fried, Senior Director of the Center for Benefits Access, will:
- Discuss what Medicare costs, what it covers and what are its different Parts A, B, C and D.
- Understand common procedure for signing up for Medicare, including key enrollment periods.
- Learn how people who have Marketplace insurance make the transition to Medicare, and how Medicare coordinates with other key programs (e.g., Medicaid).
- Find out how to help low-income residents apply for core benefits programs that pay for a portion of their Medicare costs.
About ADA Live! (WADA)
A free monthly national broadcast on the Internet by the Southeast ADA Center, one of ten regional ADA Centers in the ADA National Network. ADA Live! (WADA) focuses on rights and responsibilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and airs at 1:00 pm [Eastern] for 30-60 minutes on the first Wednesday of each month.
Share on Social Media - ADA Live! Episode 56
Mark Your Calendars - ADA Live! Episode 56: Disability and Aging: Medicare, Medicaid, and Benefits Enrollment Assistance on Wednesday – May 2 from 1:00 pm - 1:30 pm [Eastern] and 12:00 Noon - 12:30 pm [Central]. Captioning will be available in Zoom on May 2 for ADA Live! Episode 56. For more information: www.adalive.org
FREE and no registration is required.
To Listen to the Broadcast:
- BlogTalkRadio ADA Live! Episode 56: Disability and Aging: Medicare, Medicaid, and Benefits Enrollment Assistance
- Captioning In Zoom on May 2 for ADA Live! Episode 56
Have a Question?
Submit your questions for: Disability and Aging: Medicare, Medicaid, and Benefits Enrollment Assistance
Contact For More Information:
ADA Live! (WADA) produced by the Southeast ADA Center
Phone: 404-541-9001 (voice)
Web: ADA Live! (WADA) Show
ADA National Network
Phone: 800-949-4232 (voice)