ADA Information for:
Find your ADA Center
Events & Training Calendar
Global Accessibility Awareness Day 2017
Thursday, May 18, 2017
12:00 A.M. to 11:30 P.M. PST
Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD) is observed the third Thursday of every May. The purpose of the day is to get everyone talking, thinking and learning about digital (web, software, mobile, etc.) access/inclusion and people with different disabilities. GAAD encourages you to "experience first-hand the impact of digital accessibility (or lack thereof)."
While people may be interested in the topic of making technology accessible and usable by persons with disabilities, the reality is that they often do not know how or where to start. Awareness comes first. Whether you participate in an public or private event, join us and take an hour out of your day.
- Experience digital accessibility first-hand.
- Public GAAD events that you are invited to attend.
- Other activities taking place to mark GAAD.
- Learn more about how GAAD got started.
Connect & Follow
- Show your support by Liking the GAAD Facebook page.
- Follow gbla11yday on Twitter and tweet using the #gaad hashtag.
- E-mail globala11yawarenessday at gmail.com.
Free to access the GAAD website and Experience digital accessibility first-hand.
Registration and cost may vary based on the event or activity.
Contact For More Information:
Web: Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD)